Friday, November 20, 2009

First french braid

You are probably thinking this doesn't look like much of anything, but I promise there is a braid in there! It was going pretty well (as you can see from the next picture I gave Maddie the remote to hold onto...something we usually don't let the kids play with) until Dora's theme song came on. The wiggling around made it hard to keep a good hold on her hair, and it loosened a little. Still, not too bad for a first try. We'll give it another go before too long.
Sweet little Lena, just wanted to add a quick picture of her too. However, I couldn't get her attention away from Dora. I think her hair is probably long enough to braid also, but she won't hold still quite as long.
Quick story- both M and L are picking up on quite a few words. Madeline says thank you and shoes a lot. Lena is saying things like sock, hot, up, down. Maddie has also started saying Dora although her pronunciation is Dorrie (in a strange deeper voice than usual). We were at the grocery the other day, and I heard her saying Dorrie. I looked at her, and she was pointing to a sippy cup with Dora's picture on it. She was so excited to see her out of her usual position on the TV. So, being the sucker I am, I bought them the cups. I guess this is how purchasing random toys at the store starts!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Your Mom used to French braid Mary's hair (and mine, once or twice)!

kati said...

their hair is getting so long! cute stories :)

Kim said...

Very Very Cute! :)

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big AND sooo cute!!!

Andrea said...

I can't wait until I can braid Amelia's hair like that. So sweet!