Wednesday, March 3, 2010

RaNdOmS

I have totally been taking the easy way out lately by just posting pictures on the blog and leaving out updates.  Mainly because we don't have much happening.  The weather has been plain 'ol dark and dreary, so we haven't left the house near as much as we would like.  Chris was on vacation last week, and we still didn't do much!  The first picture is Lena in the front seat of the van.  Chris was helping load up the girls before I took them to church.  He put Lena up front, and then waited to see my reaction as I went into the garage.  I laughed so hard.  She looks so funny and little sitting in the big seat and not in her car seat.  The last pic is also Lena.  I was out running errands one morning, so Chris fed the girls breakfast.  I guess she was really into what she ate, because she didn't realize there was a chunk of apple stuck to her eye.  Pretty funny shot.

Just a quick update...Maddie and Lena are talking up a storm.  They have many words, but are trying to repeat absolutely everything.  I like to ask them to say long words to hear how they come out.  They are so entertaining.  Some of Maddie's first words were "thank you."  This week it has turned into "thank you rrrrr much!"  I think I must say "thank you very much" when they hand me things or when they do something I have asked them to, but I'm not sure.  M and L are also running around the house like maniacs!  They are getting really fast.  While I am anxious to be able to get outside to play this spring, that fact has me a little nervous.  Hopefully they start listening to me a little better over the next month or two.  Oh, one other thing, when my mom and dad were here over Valentine's weekend, the girls started trying to jump.  They squat way down and spring up (only lifting one foot off the ground) and yell "shump!"  They fell quite a bit at first, but now they are balancing and actually getting two feet off the ground every once in a while.  It is so amazing to watch them learn and grow. 

2 comments:

kati said...

omg, i don't know how you're going to chase down two kids at the park! :) i can barely keep up with lola!

i love the "rrrrr much" :)

mommy moorefield said...

From my experience, this summer will be the hardest. You'll get through it! Just come to my house and we'll keep all the kids in the fenced in backyard!