Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Things to remember

I have to jot down a couple of things so I remember them in the future.  First of all, I found my kids in the front yard yesterday.  We were having a play date with our neighbor (she has a little boy a couple months older than the girls and a newborn).  Kerri and I were visiting in the living room while the kids played all over the first floor.  I noticed it got a bit quiet, so I went to check on the girls and her son.  Cameron was standing by the front door holding it open, and Lena and Maddie were nowhere to be seen.  I ran out the door (it was raining and had been for hours) to find them wandering down the driveway...Maddie carrying the remote for the TV.  I yelled at them to stop and come back, so, of course, they took off.  Maddie quickly ditched the remote so she could run faster.  Fortunately, I am still much quicker than they are, so I caught them fairly easily.  We live on a culdesac, so at least there is no traffic!  I wrangled them back into the house, changed their pants because they were soaked, and finished up the play date.  What a scare!

Second, my kids are counting in Spanish.  They are really into counting, so they are constantly finding different things to count- pieces of hot dog, daddy's fingers, blocks in the floor, etc.  After their bath this evening Maddie started with uno, Lena followed it up with dos, then back to Maddie with tres.  THANK YOU, DORA!!  I was laughing so hard!  I think Maddie might know Spanish numbers better than English.  They made it to 6.  They can barely say their own names, but they are speaking in another language!  It is amazing to hear what they learn every day.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I bet you were having little heart attacks, finding them in the yard! Definitely a funny story for the future!

kati said...

that is TOO CUTE about the counting! i love it!

but so scary about the "escape". heart attack is right! we had to add an extra slide lock high up on the front door because lola was just unlocking the door and walking out onto the porch by herself. scary!!