Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Big girl room

Well, here it is for now.  I think I am not 100% satisfied with the finished product for a couple reasons.  First of all, the nursery was so darn cute, we had a lot to live up to.  Second, it looks so unfinished with the safety rails, the exposed box springs, and the handles off the dresser.  All of it is done for the safety of M and L, so all in all I am satisfied.  I love the colors, butterflies, and flowers.  Butterfly and flower are two words we hear daily from the girls, so I thought they would enjoy having lots of them in the room.  The last picture is something Uncle Zach brought back from his travels overseas with the Navy.  The pictures are from Stanley Market in Hong Kong.  They are Lena and Madeline's name drawn in symbols, and all of the symbols have a meaning.  I thought they were really pretty, and I'm glad we could finally get them up for the girls to enjoy.

3 comments:

parm said...

You were close! They are in fact from Stanley Market in Hong Kong. And I must say that it was amazing watching him incorporate all of those colors.

kati said...

what a cute room. i didn't even notice all the things you're not satisfied with until you mentioned them! i love the white butterflies and the korean art!

Andrea said...

I love the yellow...it makes for a very bright, warm room for the girls. The wall art adds a special touch!