Friday, July 16, 2010

Yesterday evening we took the girls to the New Albany Pool.  We had so much fun!  There are buttons to push, wheels to turn, slides to go down- you name it, they have it.  Mom and I followed the kids around while they played and splashed in the water.  Maddie was getting especially brave with the slides, until she started jumping at the top, slipped, and whacked her head on the way down.  She was fine, but it sure did take the wind out of her sails.  She clung to me for the rest of the time we were there (which I didn't mind, because they rarely do that).
I added this last picture, because I want you to realize my kids might have a slight hoarding problem.  They constantly have their hands and arms jam-packed-full of toys and sippy cups.  Mom brought each girls an Elmo doll and little ball, and I think the only time she has put them down is when her muscles relaxed while she is sleeping.  She wore this balloon from dinner until we insisted she take it off for bed.
One quick note about the Elmo doll- Maddie thinks there is something wrong with his mouth.  She keeps saying, "What happened mouth?"  We have finally figured out that Elmo's mouth is usually open in a great big smile, and the doll has a skinny smiling line in it's place.  Immediately upon seeing the doll, she asked what  happened and threw it down.  I kept trying to give it to her, but she said something was wrong with it and put it back on the ground.  I showed her how your mouth can be open or closed (Lena loved this game), and I think she is accepting my explanation.  She is coming around, and now she tells Elmo to open his mouth.  Now it is either, "Elmo, open mouth," or "Elmo happy!"

1 comment:

kati said...

that pool looks SO fun!! i love how happy (and tan) they are :)