Thursday, August 26, 2010

We went to the zoo with some friends again this morning (Chris and I just took M and L last Saturday, too.).  The weather has been awesome, so I couldn't turn down an invitation to spend the morning outside.  These are the only pictures I took- I'm sure you have seen enough of the girls at the zoo anyway.  I let them out of the wagon for only a short time.  They just wouldn't listen, and they kept wandering off.  Needless to say, they were pretty pissed when I strapped them back in.  In the last picture Lena is screaming, "My baby elephant!" and trying to hit Maddie away from the statue.  This was our first stop.  Kind of a prediction for how the trip would turn out I suppose.  Overall, it really wasn't too bad, but all the kids were melting down by the time we headed for home.  M and L fell asleep in the car, which means that 20 minute cat nap was all they took today.  I knew what was happening...I rolled down the windows, turned the music up, and tried to talk to them, but I just couldn't keep them awake.  
This evening I took the girls for a ride in their trailer behind my bike.  We rode all over town and through the country club.  We hadn't been on the road for two minutes when Maddie bit Lena.  Tears started flowing immediately.  Lena cried herself to sleep almost instantly.  Poor thing.  Maddie was gone about five minutes after her.  After that it was a nice, peaceful ride. 

1 comment:

kati said...

sleeping kids are the best ;)