Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I know, I know...I have been a blogging slacker.  Let me tell you why- I'm tired, I'm nauseous, and I'm pregnant.  That is a good enough excuse, right?  I'm about eight weeks along.  My due date is May 13th.  Since I had a c-section with M and L, I will have one with baby #3.  I am penciled in for May 6th- the Friday before Mother's Day.  What a Mother's Day gift!!  Chris has been trying to get our new scanner hooked up, but it hasn't worked out yet.  I will post a picture of the ultrasound when he gets it up and running.  It was pretty difficult to see the baby since I saw the doctor when I was only six weeks pregnant.  We finally figured out what she was pointing to, and we could see the baby's heart beating.  The first question we asked was how many babies there were.  Just one- she checked...a couple times.  The whole family went.  Needless to say it was a pretty crowded exam room.  Last time I went to the first appointment by myself, and I found out we were having twins.  There is no way I was going by myself this time!  
Lena pointed at the computer screen, and yelled "Snowman!"  Maddie agreed.  There was a big white blob, so I guess that is what they both saw.  We have been trying to explain that there is a baby in mommy's belly, and that they will be big sisters, but I don't think they completely understand.  Every once in a while they will look under my shirt and say, "Baby in there."  I think as my stomach grows they will start getting it.  They will be awesome older sisters.

8 comments:

kati said...

um, how crazy are you guys?! :) i'm so kidding (and in awe of you). congratulations!!!!!! so exciting. i had a feeling it would be soon. it will be so fun to see all your pregnant posts and your big sister posts and new baby posts. yay!

i hope you feel better soon!

ps. i just told don and he said "number three and number four?" hahaha

Andrea said...

Aaaaahhhh, finally! I've been waiting for you to announce it so I could congratulate you! Your mom told my mom at the OKC and I've been so excited for you!!! Perfect timing, too, right before Mother's Day. I can't wait to find out whether or not your household is going to be dominated by yet another "smart" girl. Ditto on the belly pics...it's so fun to see the changes. Maybe you'll only have a few more weeks of feeling crappy. I felt better at 11 weeks, and you're almost there! Congrats, again!!!

mommy moorefield said...

You better take me up on my off to have the girls over for a playdates when you have doc appointments!...I know you'd do the same for me :)

mommy moorefield said...

Oops, meant...offer. Better go to bed!

Kim said...

Yay! I heard this news on Sunday (Vtown news travels quickly!) and I was waiting until you posted something before I sent my congrats! I am very happy for you guys! You sure do make the cutest babies! Sorry I missed you guys @ the woollybear! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Your mother must be bursting at the seams. You and David. How exciting is that? Cheryl

Meredith said...

Congratulations cuz! I am so happy for you guys! At least there is only one this time! But M and L are proof that good things come in pairs! No doubt Marsha is completely excited about two grandkids on the way! But I need to tell you, me and Steph still are jelly of how thin you still look prego. Turd! Well congrats! give the girls a hug for me!

Oh My! Floral said...

oh my gosh!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!


soo so so happy for you- how can you possibly make a cuter child than the two girlies you have now?

Yay babies!