Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Maddie, Lena, and I came to Illinois for my mom's 60th birthday.  This has been by far the busiest trip we have had here.  We took the girls to the fire station one afternoon to see the trucks.  The guys that work there let M and L climb all over everything!  They were so nice and accomodating.  They turned on the lights and horns, let the girls steer the trucks, and gave them stickers and coloring books.
The next day we went to see great grandpa Kenny.  We had a special ice cream treat with him that morning.  I'm not sure who loves it more- my grandpa or Maddie and Lena?
We have spent lots of time with Andrew and his family, too.  Jalynn's 7th birthday was yesterday, so she had a party at the skating rink.  My sister and I used to go skating here every weekend when we were in grade school.  It was fun to see Maddie and Lena strap on some skates.  They were surprisingly good.  I was pretty impressed with how well they stayed on their feet.  My mom, sister, and I skated for just a little while.  It made me pretty nervous, but none of us wiped out!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow, that was a busy trip! You are very brave for taking the girls skating! I remember the skating rink days. We were quite the "rink rats"!