Saturday, October 23, 2010





Chris is gone for a long four days this week/weekend, so the girls and I have had loads of time to ourselves.  Last weekend, my precious Lena was gone.  I don't know where she went, but some sort of evil child took her place.  She was in full terrible two force.  She went in time out after time out, but she didn't care.  She was completely disobedient, mean to her sister, and doing things that were unsafe.  We had a solid three day stretch where Chris and I almost lost our minds.  But now- thank goodness since I am on my own- my little sweetheart is back.  The tough thing about twins is that they always copy each other.  Maddie was starting to pull some stunts that she had seen Lena performing, but we seem to have settled back down this week.  

I know it seems crazy, but I am already trying to get a jump start on Christmas shopping.  Yesterday and today M, L, and I have been perusing the toy isles.  They love this!  They now ask, "Please, mommy, please!!" for everything.  They don't get upset when they don't get it...yet.  We just keep moving on and looking at other things.  Lena tells me, "Mommy, I need it!"  Who knows where she heard this!?!

All in all, we have had a great time this week.  This afternoon we just laid low and played at the house.  The pictures are of the girls playing with their version of paper dolls.  I remember having those when I was younger.  They actually were paper, and they had little tabs you would fold behind the doll to keep her outfit in place.  M and L were showing me different emotions while I was taking their picture.

2 comments:

kati said...

SO cute. love that last one. lola loves those magnetic dolls, too.

sounds like lena is going to be a handful :) ugh, i can't imagine having two -or three!- lola is on my last nerve as it is :)

Andrea said...

I'm so glad to hear other moms who feel that way towards their little girls when they are acting up! Seems like at least a few times a week I feel like I'm losing my mind! And yes, they DO look alike. I don't think I'll ever be able to tell M & L apart!!!