Saturday, November 27, 2010






Last night Sue, Zach, and I took Maddie and Lena to see Wildlights at the zoo.  It was COLD.  Totally worth it though.  It is amazing how many lights are strung up around the zoo.  There are tons of activities for kids.  I really didn't know what to expect, so we didn't do any of them.  We wandered around, looked at the lights, and ducked inside displays to check out animals and warm up.  Grandma even took Lena on a carousel ride while Maddie, Zach, and I watched and waved.  We were there until almost 10:00.  Both girls were crabby by the time we left, and were again today from being short on sleep.  In fact, they have been whiny for the last few days.  Can I blame it all on lack of sleep, since they have been staying up late?  They are both going through a really challenging time right now.  They want to do absolutely everything on their own (including dangerous things like walking alone in the parking lot).  They argue with most things I ask them to do, and it usually ends up with either me threatening time out or them actually in time out.  It is exhausting.  Remind me to never be pregnant again while I have a two year old.  Mommy needs her glass of wine at the end of the day!  On a positive note, they are doing really well with potty training.  I don't want to jinx us, but I think Lena has got it, and Maddie is right behind her.  Lena hasn't had an accident in days, and it is also becoming rare for Maddie.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I don't know how you do it...being pregnant with 2 year old twins. I'm barely making it with one 16 month old who's giving me fits! Guess I'll have to drink your glass of wine in addition to mine! M & L's winter coats are the cutest ever! And it looks like they were definitely digging the cranberries at Thanksgiving!