Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The temp was in the mid 50s this afternoon, so before running to the store we spent a little time drawing outside.  Somehow I purchased the absolute messiest chalk, and even the kids were reluctant to use it.  It looked cool, but the bold colors rubbed of on everything.  Maddie is already super particular about her hands being dirty, so she didn't want much to do with it.  M and L mostly ran around the front yard chasing each other and Max.  
I had my 30 week ultrasound last Friday.  The pictures turned out horrible, but we could see exactly what was going on when we were in the doctor's office.  I think they need to change their ink cartridge, so I won't even bother scanning them.  After measuring the baby's head and abdomen the ultrasound tech started asking Chris and I what we weighed at birth.  He said according to the measurement of the femur that my due date seems accurate, but she is already a big baby.  She currently weighs 4 lbs. 3 oz.   An average 30 week old weighs in at 3 lbs.  He said if I delivered at full term he would expect her to be 8 1/2 lbs.  This is the first time I have been relieved to be having a c-section.  However, I think she will make an early appearance.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Amelia was 8.4 and although I know women have bigger babies, I'll be begging for a c-section if there's a next time!!! I can see M doesn't care for the chalk on her hands-too funny!

Anonymous said...

left a comment before but don't know what happened to it. i don't know if your mom told you but we all weighed in at 9 1/2 lbs. nathan weighed 9 lbs and matthew was 8 lbs 8 ozs. i think maybe you can expect to have big babies. cheryl