Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm so aggravated... for a few reasons.  First of all, my iPhone stopped working today.  I took it to the Apple store, and they replaced it with no questions.  However, I lost all of the pictures I took over the weekend with my family in Illinois.  Ugh.  We basically went just to visit, but we ended up at a wedding (and I have- wait- had some good pics) of a family friend.  M and L labeled it the "best wedding ever."  It was SO kid friendly- face painting, games, clowns making balloon animals, a macaroni bar, the whole works.  They were so excited all day and so pumped the entire reception that they were completely exhausted by the end of the night.  They didn't even argue when it was time to leave.  They (all 3 girls) fell asleep immediately in the car.  We also hung out with my brother, my sis, and her boyfriend the whole trip.  It was such a good, relaxing weekend.  We visited with my Uncle Danny as well.  The girls know him as "Uncle Danny- the one with the licorice!"  He played videos for them online and fed them candy- they love him.   We wanted to squeeze in one last visit before Grandpa has his second knee replacement next week.  Grandma is pretty much tied to the house for a couple weeks then too to be his care taker.  M and L became especially attached to my mom this time.  She got up to go to work Monday morning, and Maddie started bawling.  "Don't go to work, Grandma, don't go!" she wailed.  We had a great time to say the least.

So, my other aggravation is that I took Jolie to her six month check up, and it was a mess.  The appointment took almost an hour and a half!  I have no idea why.  The nurse ended up walking off with her chart that I keep with all her stats.  I was so ready to get out of there I didn't even notice until I got home.  And I was not going back!  I'm pretty sure she weighed around 16 pounds, but beyond that I can't remember.  I know she is in the 90% for height and 50-75% for weight and head circumference.  I'll post exact numbers when I get my butt in there to pick up her chart.

I have had to try to explain death (quite unsuccessfully) to the girls on multiple occasions lately.  It was interesting, and I think they are more confused than ever.  1. Harry the fish died, and 2. we came across a dead bug.  I told Maddie her fish stopped taking breaths and that he went to Heaven to live with God.  She asked why, and I said that God loved Harry.  I found her later with the plunger trying to get him back out of the toilet.  Lena was afraid the dead bug was going to bite her.  I said, "Oh, don't worry, honey.  That bug is gone."  She looked at me with the most innocent eyes and said, " No it's not, mommy.  It's right here!"  This is clearly not my strongest area.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Those long doctor's appointments are awful! Your "explaining" gave me a good laugh...I can see Amelia saying the same thing to me!