Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Very long day




As soon as I am finished with this post, I am going to have a glass of wine...maybe more than one. ;) Today started off with the girls and I taking our van in to be serviced. The headphones weren't working with the DVD player, so we had to take it to the dealership. It took them a little over two hours to install the new part. Let me tell you, my girls are pretty laid back. However, after being in the waiting room in their stroller for that long, they are not.
We finally got home, and I put them down for their nap. I couldn't find Max (he is usually right on my heels). After a quick minute of looking, I found him under our bed...next to his pile of puke. Sick. I cleaned up the mess, and went to lay down- bad headache was coming on.
This afternoon we headed to the pediatrician. Both girls have had a cold for the last two days, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't allergies or anything more serious. We made it back home a little late for M and L's dinner, so of course they were screaming in the car.
After dinner the girls were playing in the floor, and Maddie decides to bite Lena (Check out the mark she left on Lena's arm. Lena is in yellow.). More screaming. Shortly after, while I am in the kitchen cooking dinner, Madeline somehow knocks the gate down and climbs about half of the staircase. Not hearing any noise, I look around the corner to check on her. I see where she is, panic, and bolt up the stairs. She turned around to look at me and fell down about four stairs. More screaming. I have never experienced anything so scary! She didn't cry for too long, but Lena did. Sympathy, I guess. Lena took her turn falling in the kitchen later. She had pulled herself up on the oven (at least I had the door locked), and I think she just lost her balance. Oh yeah, Lena also spit up/puked twice today...who knows why?? Both times on me- duh, where else would it have landed?!? On a positive note, the day is over, and we are all still alive. I am going to get that bottle of wine out of the fridge ASAP!

6 comments:

kati said...

you and i were just posting at the same time :)

what a day! i know the feeling. that is totally something our dog would do, and when lola was a year old, she fell down half our stairs, too. she was fine, but i was upset for days!

and of course this would all happen while parm is gone?

i hope tomorrow is better! have a glass of wine for me!

Leslie said...

Jen, sounds like a VERY long day!! Wish I could visit tomorrow, hopefully next week! Talk to you soon :)

Anonymous said...

Everything changes when they become mobile. I know those days!!

Leah :)

Matt said...

Don't worry. This stage will only last about 14 months! Now that I am almost done with it, I can watch you suffer through it. Ha!

Matt said...

I forgot to mention to start buying the wine by the case at Sam's club. You'll need it!

Kim~Ohio said...

What a day you have had. This and the dog food. Yuck!

Enjoy your wine! You deserve it! :)