Sunday, March 21, 2010

Zoo with Grandma

We have had the most amazing spring weather this last week.  It's been in the upper 60s, so we have been outside every day.  Grandma and Grandpa Parmentar were here for a long weekend.  While Grandpa helped Chris finish up the trim in the basement, Grandma and I played with the kids.  Friday afternoon was spent outside in the yard playing with bubbles the Easter bunny brought early and sidewalk chalk.  M and L like to take off in opposite directions, so we both got a good workout in that afternoon!  Saturday we took the girls to the zoo.  I think their favorite part was the ride on the carousel, but them seemed to enjoy checking out the animals, too.  The petting zoo was our last stop right at closing time.  I love that M and L aren't afraid of any animal.  They walked right up to all of the goats and started petting them and pointing out their eyes, nose, etc.  I think we can thank Max for their early introduction to a wild animal :)  But, in all seriousness, he and the cats have helped them feel comfortable around animals.  It was a great trip (thanks, Sue!), and I can't wait to take them back again soon.

3 comments:

kati said...

i love seeing them with the goats. they are fearless!

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes!! Where did you get them?? They remind me of my children.... FEARLESS!! I love it though.

Leah

Andrea said...

I don't know if it's M or L, but I love the picture of her clenching her fists-she looks so excited she can hardly contain it!