Friday, April 16, 2010

Mommy and the girls

The girls and I have had a nice week.  Chris had a pretty crazy schedule this week, so unfortunately, we haven't seen him too much.  Maddie, Lena, and I made the most of our girl time together.  We went to the park twice (clearly I got brave after the first successful trip).  I was pretty nervous to take M and L on my own...Would one run off?  Could I watch each of them close enough that they wouldn't fall off the play ground?  Would they throw a fit when I told them it was time to leave?  Just a few of the many worries I had before we headed out on our first journey alone.  They were such angels, I couldn't believe it!  I swear I saw halos glowing above their heads!  We took our second park trip this morning.  There was no one else to be seen, so I let the girls run around a bit.  We played on the slides, crawled in the tunnels, and went in the swings.  While Maddie and Lena were swinging, they were really calm and quite- just enjoying themselves and the nice weather with a breeze.  After no one saying anything for a few minutes, Maddie looked up at me, and in a really quiet voice said, "Awesome!"  They say the funniest things when there is no one else to hear them.  Yesterday morning we played outside with our neighbors on their swingset.  The girls really like the sand box.

We took a trip to the zoo with three other moms and their kids on Wednesday.  We had nine kids (three sets of twins) between the four of us, so we slowly made our way around to a few exhibits.  It was such a beautiful day, and M and L loved watching all the other children around us...oh, and the animals too.  I think the elephants were their favorite.  They kept saying "elephant, elephant" the rest of the day.  It has been a little difficult to see how quickly the girls are growing up (the last couple weeks with the new bedroom and big girl beds has made it so obvious), but I love that we can communicate so much easier and do so many new fun things together.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Such a sweet post-sounds like you girls had fun this week. I'm also finding it difficult to see how truly fast Amelia's growing...well, I guess I've always had a hard time with it (I cried the first three weeks after she was born because of it!) Can't wait to see the big girl bedroom!

Oh My! Floral said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oh My! Floral said...

AWESOME!

Probably my favorite word ever.