Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fun in Illinois


We had lots of fun excursions while we were in Illinois.  These pictures sum up some of our adventures.  Chris flew out of St. Louis Monday, so my mom, the girls, and I drove him over and had a day in Missouri.  We played at a playground for a while in the morning, then we met my Great Aunt Maria (she is 91) for lunch.  I haven't seen her since I was pregnant, so I was really looking forward to a quick visit.  Pretty cool the girls have met a great great aunt from each side of the family.  We took the girls into her house for just a bit before we left, and they immediately started rummaging through her things and climbing her stairs.  Maria thought M and L were fabulous, and she loaded them up with toys and books before we left. 
The next shot is from McDonalds in WF.  It was a super windy afternoon, and my mom and I had talked about taking the girls to the park to play.  It just didn't work out, so we grabbed a happy meal and hit the playland instead.  The girls are just big enough to climb through the whole thing.
Of course the next fe pictures are of cuddle time with gma and gpa (while gpa sneaks them candy).  Classic picture of Maddie with her finger up her nose.
The last shot is from a play date with two of my high school friends and their kids.  All the little ones ran around while Leah, Ashley, and I tried to catch up.  The three boys (Hudson, Brady, and Cade) are Ashley's (with one more baby on the way- yay!).  The two girls are Leah's (Kaylin and Avery).  The girls were so excited to see other kids their age that they were literally jumping up and down.

1 comment:

Mom said...

We loved your visit! The girls are a delight.