Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big girl beds 2

These are the last pictures of my babies in their cribs.  Pretty clear to see why they went into big beds, huh?  I love the look Lena gave me right before she climbed up the side of her crib and over the top.  Stinker.  As soon as Chris brought the mattresses into the house, they figured out what to do with them...jump on them.  In the last picture they are finally getting the hang of it.  

Last night went surprisingly well.  We only had the one fall before Chris and I went to bed.  I woke up a little after 7:00 to a brown haired, blue eyed little girl in yellow pajamas standing next to my bed with a huge grin on her face.  She looked so proud that she woke me up (and that she had spent the whole night in her new bed)!  Soon another girl matching the same description was standing next to her.  I couldn't ask for a better wake up call.

One last thing, we made it into the daycare at church today without the stroller!!!  I know this doesn't seem like much, but to me it is huge.  Not having to lug that huge double stroller in and out of the car saves so much time.  M and L held onto my hands like perfect little angels...totally momma duck moment.

2 comments:

kati said...

awww, great post. love the wake-up call. how sweet. wait till you open your eyes to someone staring at you in the dark one night :)

tear, they are getting so big :)

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see the "big girl bedroom". I bet it was pretty weird having them wake you up in your bedroom for a change. I have a friend who puts a baby gate up in their child's doorway. The little one stands there, looking into the parent's bedroom and says, "Mommy, I see you, what are you doing?" Pretty comical, these changes they go through!