Monday, April 26, 2010

Rainy weekend

We had a nice, lazy weekend with Grandma Parmentar.  It rained the whole time she was here visiting, so we made the best of it.  She brought the girls this little slide for the backyard (and their cute pink tops), and they were so excited to climb on it.  We had just a few minutes of sun on Sunday, so she took M and L out to play.
There are a couple pictures I feel need an explanation.  First of all, isn't their hair getting long?!  The first shot was not too long after their bath, so it curled up really cute when it dried.  Maddie and Lena like to "brush" their hair- notice I did not say "like to have their hair brushed?"  They carried these combs around for a couple hours.  Maddie is getting hers good and wet before brushing Grandma's hair with it.  I finally took them away, because they were running with them in their mouths.  You can see the classic pouting look from Maddie.  She even threw herself on the floor and had a little temper tantrum while Lena sat by and looked at her like she was crazy.  Is that how you spell temper tantrum?  Guess I better get it figured out...I think I may be writing it often over the next year or two or ten (or if they are anything like their mom maybe thirty).
Anyway, it was a super nice weekend.  Sue stayed through the girls' naps on Sunday, so I could get out of the house all by myself.  As soon as she offered to watch them, my mind started racing- what to do first?!  She also babysat Saturday night, and Chris and I went out on a date.  It was way overdue.  We went out to dinner and bowling.  It was so much fun even though I lost- two games to one.

2 comments:

kati said...

fun!! and yes, their hair is getting SO long, i know i always comment on it because lola's hair grew so slowly :)

lola likes to go to the "beauty salon" after her bath and get a "blowout" and brushed. maybe you could try that to get the girls to like having their hair brushed?

ps. you are so lucky you got a date!!

Andrea said...

Love the curls! Too cute! What did you do with YOUR free time??? That's awesome!