Friday, June 25, 2010

Beach photos

I forgot we took a couple pictures from the balcony of our room- so, here they are.  The last one is the zucchini I picked last night from our garden.  Biggest one I have ever seen.  It tasted good when it came off the grill too.

I am officially an old lady.  I turned 30 yesterday.  I hadn't really thought about it much until the day before my birthday.  I am reading this book right now (Eat, Pray, Love- I highly recommend it.), and the author does a lot of reflecting on her life.  I think it has really got me thinking about what I have actually done in the last ten years of my life.  It is a little bitter sweet that a decade of my life has come to a close, but I really couldn't be happier about where I am and what I am doing right now.  I feel so spoiled every day that I get to be here with my kids to watch them grow.  I have an amazing husband that works so hard, and I am so happy to see him come through the door (most) every night.  Wait, let me clarify...I love to see him every time he comes home, he just doesn't come home every night.  Better?  I like to think I am always making good decisions now for my family (being a good decision maker wasn't necessarily my forte in my younger years- to put it mildly).  The void I once felt when I first stayed at home with the girls isn't really there anymore.  I am so busy with them I don't think I would even have time to notice it if it was!  Parenting truly is a full time job.  If the last little bit of my life is a prediction of how the next ten years will turn out, then bring it on 40!

2 comments:

mommy moorefield said...

Well said. You are a great mommy and the girls (and Chris) are lucky to have you home!

Finally, you are part of the 30 club...it's about time!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Jen. This is one of my favorite posts. :)