Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hilton Head

As a very generous birthday gift my mom offered to drive to Ohio to watch the girls, so Chris and I could take a little vacation...just the two of us.  We wanted to go somewhere neither of us had ever been, so after hearing many positive reviews, we chose Hilton Head, SC.  It was a great getaway.  We did a whole lot of nothing (which is maybe while we don't have many pictures).  We flew into Savannah, GA and spent a few hours wandering around there before heading to our hotel.  We laid by the pool and the beach for most of the trip.  One evening we went kayaking.  I was a little tired, so it took Chris a bit to convince me to go.  Once we got there and were out on the water, I was glad we went.  We saw so many dolphins swimming in the water near us- such a cool experience.  Of course, being the true midwesterner I am, I asked the guide more than once if he was sure those fins we saw in the water belonged to dolphin!  He jokingly told me we were in a shark breeding ground- obviously not funny-, but we actually were in a dolphin breeding ground.  Come to find out, Hilton Head is very much a family vacation spot, so hopefully we can take the girls back somewhere down the road. 

1 comment:

kati said...

so jealous of your trip! looks like you guys had fun. glad you decided to go kayaking even when you were tired :)