Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Oh crap

This is M and L's nursery.  This morning I found both of my children between their cribs facing the same direction.  "How?" you ask.  I have no freaking clue!  I heard them moving around over the monitor, so I got up to brush my teeth, put my contacts in, etc.- my usual morning routine.  Typically they will play just fine in their room until I get them out of bed to head downstairs.  Between the two of them, they have figured out how to climb out of their cribs.  They just finally fell asleep for their naps (it is 1:30 and they have been in there since 12:00), because they were excited I was sitting in the room watching them.  Basically, they just stick a leg over the side and get right out.  Of course I didn't let it get that far, but I can safely assume from what I saw that that is the process.  We are SO lucky that neither one was hurt.  They did cry this morning when they realized they were stuck, but as soon as they were free, the crying stopped.  Can you believe it??  I'm not really ready for big girl beds, but I guess they are!  Unfortunately, Chris left for three days this morning, so I am on my own to handle this one until he gets home.  Guess I will shop for mattresses this afternoon.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh no Jen! My friend went through the same thing a few months ago. he little one kept getting her legs stuck between the bars on her way down to freedom. She realized she could get out when she greeted her downstairs for breakfast. She is now in a toddler bed. Good Luck.

leahwlfe said...

Oh crap is RIGHT!! This is the point when Avery's sleep went to
*%$&!! It took us hours to get her to sleep and then she got up all night long.. :( She is finally doing better, she has been in a big girl bed since she was 2. Took us awhile. Your girls may do great though. Good luck!!

r.puckett said...

That's more like HOLY CRAP!!!